League of Women Voters of Columbia-Boone County
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
Welcome and Introductions – Barbara Hoppe, President
• Guest Speaker – Professor David S. Mitchell – “Voter Suppression or Voter Protection?: The
Impact of Voting Law Changes.”
• Presentation of the Eleanor Goodge Award for Exemplary Service to the LWV-CBC
to Sharon Schneeberger.
• Election of officers and board members
• Proposed Budget for 2022-2023 – Ruth Milledge, Treasurer
• Proposed Local Program Items- Adoption of Two LWVCBC Local Studies
• Friends of the LWV
• Annual Report to the Members
• Welcome to the new board
• Special Announcement: June 1, 2022 Special Fundraiser Play- Tea for Three
• Other Announcements
*Members received the zoom link in their email.
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Live event via Zoom
At this month’s virtual discussion, hear from Kathy Kiely, Lee Hills Chair in Free-Press Studies at the Missouri School of Journalism, on the topic of our state’s Sunshine Law. Co-sponsored by the Columbia Public Library.
Please register to receive a Zoom link. We will also record this program for later viewing on our YouTube channel.
Here is a recording of the Election Forum held on Tuesday, March 15 for Columbia School Board and Ballot Issues:
Here is a recording of the Election Forum held on Wednesday, March 23 for Columbia City Council & Mayor
Here is a link to the LWV Voter Guide for the April 5 election:
Tuesday, February 8, 2022
12:00 Noon – 1:00 p.m.
Lunch & Learn
100 % Renewable Energy by 2030
Hear from local climate action leaders Carolyn Amparan, chair of the Sierra Club-Osage Chapter, Mark Haim and Erica Ascani, calling for the City of Columbia to commit to attaining 100% of our electricity from renewable energy sources by 2030.
A Q&A session will follow the panel’s presentation.
Co-sponsored by the Columbia Public Library.
Register for a Zoom link. This program will be recorded for later viewing.