Founder’s Day Luncheon
December 14, 2013
Columbia Country Club
2210 County Club Drive
11:30 a.m. – Social Time
12:00 noon – Lunch
Guest Speaker: Vicki Russell, publisher of the Columbia Daily Tribune.
Outstanding Citizen of the Year Award: Honorable Ann K. Covington.
Judge Covington, the first female Chief Justice of the Missouri Supreme Court, has been selected in recognition of her career achievements as well as her
volunteer activities in our community and her commitment to social justice.
Reservations are required.
Lunch will include soup, sandwich and dessert for $18.
Reservations should be made prior to December 7 by calling Liz Schmidt at (573) 445-0655 or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can pay at the door, as long as you make a reservation by December 7.
Please specify whether you want regular or vegetarian lunch.
Caleb Rowden and Chris Kelly talk with Jim Robertson of the Columbia Tribune about the issues that will be facing the Missouri legislature next year.
Agricultural Policy: Present and Future
Thursday, November 21, 2013
7:00 p.m. – Columbia Public Library
Refreshments at 6:30 p.m.
Guest speaker: Dr. Pat Westhoff
Director of the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI)
This forum will explore issues related to U.S. Agricultural Policy and will also help inform our members as part of the LWVUS update to its agriculture policy.
The event is cosponsored by the Columbia Public Library and is free and open to the public.
Using Missouri’s Health
How to Apply for the Marketplace
There are four different ways to apply for the Marketplace:
- 1. Online
- Website has experienced problems, but is consistently improving
- 2. Over the phone
- For individuals: 1 (800) 318 – 2596, available 24/7
- For SHOP: 1 (800) 706 – 7893, Mon. – Fri., 9am – 7pm EST
- Call center that help complete an application
- 3. With a Navigator
- In-person help to answer questions and walk you through an application
- Federally certified Navigators cannot charge for services
- 4. By paper
- Paper applications can be found at www.healthcare.gov
- Take more time to process
To complete an application an individual or family will need:
- Name and Social Security Number for anyone applying
- Income information for anyone applying
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering household members
- Information about any employer-offered coverage, even if you have opted out
Navigators in Boone County
Primaris / Knowledge Management Associates
- (573) 817 – 8338
Central Missouri Area Agency on Aging
- (573) 443 – 5823 or (800) 369 – 5211
Central Missouri Community Action
- (855) 612 – 2259
Family Health Center
- (573) 886 – 6790